Unified interface between medical devices and medical
What is GDT?
GDT is a specific German standard for the exchange of data between medical information systems and medical devices in doctor’s practices. GDT can be translated as „Device Data Transfer”.
What is „GDT Bridge“?
A lot of vendors offer medical devices. These devices have interfaces in order to communicate with other medical software systems. This communication can be one- or bidirectional. It isused for transmission of patient-demographic data from one information system to a device or for transmission of measured values from device to a medical information system.
The challenge is: Nearly all medical information systems offer a GDT interface, but there are a lot of medical devices having different or vendor-specific interfaces. The solution: The GDT Bridge connects medical devices to information systems just by simple configuration and avoids expensive software development.
- Simple connection of medical devices to medical information systems, optometrist’s point-of-sale software, and others
- Only one single GDT interface instead of different device dependent interfaces
- Supported protocols: serial, XML, DICOM
- Vendor specific protocols will be converted to GDT (3.0 & 2.1)
- GDT output to network or file in order to connect medical information systems, optometrist’s point-of-sale software, and others
- Bidirectional communication
- Available for Windows and Linux operating system
- Supports DICOM