Connecting Medical Devices to the World of DICOM
In the course of workflow optimization and increased networking in healthcare, the DICOM standard is finding its way into new fields of application. Mainly known from radiology so far, digital imaging and DICOM communication is spreading into e.g. endoscopy, microscopy, ophthal-mology, or dermatology. Innovative manufacturers of medical devices are now facing the challenge of providing interfaces needed for DICOM communication to these devices. This challenge cannot be met without specific expertise. softgate’s solution DICOMconnect permits medical devices a comfortable connection to the world of DICOM.Manufacturers thus spare the familiarization with the complex DICOM standards as well as a time-consuming development of their own interface solution.
DICOM library for medical systems – the universal DICOM interface
DICOMconnect is a library and extends the software of medical systems with a DICOM interface. The focus is on easy usage and integration. In contrast to a conventional DICOM toolkit, the developer does not have to have in-depth DICOM knowledge to use DICOMconnect. As an universal DICOM interface for medical devices, DICOMconnect is platform-independent on Windows, Linux, or Mac basis.
The advantages and DICOM features of the connection at a glance:
- Query of patient data and planned examinations via worklist
- Availability of image data resulting from e.g. preliminary examinations using an archive
- Create and send pictures and videos from raw data
- Writing and reading of data on data carriers
- Developed as a safety class B component according to IEC 62304 and ISO 14971
- Cross-Platform (Windows, Linux, Mac)
- Support and consulting services
- Print images
You are interested in DICOMconnect or have questions?
Just contact us: email@example.com or +49 9131 81270 38