Connecting Medical Devices to the World of DICOM
In the course of workflow optimization and increased networking in healthcare, the DICOM standard is finding its way into new fields of application. Mainly known from radiology so far, digital imaging and DICOM communication is spreading into e.g. endoscopy, microscopy, ophthal-mology, or dermatology. Innovative manufacturers of medical devices are now facing the challenge of providing interfaces needed for DICOM communication to these devices. This challenge cannot be met without specific expertise. softgate’s solution DICOMconnect permits medical devices a comfortable connection to the world of DICOM.Manufacturers thus spare the familiarization with the complex DICOM standards as well as a time-consuming development of their own interface solution.
softgate’s DICOM library DICOMconnect expands imaging software systems by a DICOM interface. The focus is in user-friendliness and easy integration. In contrast to a usual DICOM toolkit the developer will not need in-depth DICOM knowledge to use DICOMconnect. Being a universal interface solution, DICOMconnect will work platform independent using Windows, Linux, or Mac.
DICOMconnect at a glance:
- Retrieval of patient data or planned medical examinations per DICOM work list
- Availability of image data, resulting from e.g. an initial examination or a pre-op appointment, by means of a DICOM archive
- Creating or forwarding DICOM images or DICOM videos from raw data
- Writing or reading DICOM data from data storage mediums
- ISO EN 14971 & 62304 conformity
- Printing of DICOM images