As part of the digital transformation in healthcare, the DICOM standard is finding its way into new areas of application. Previously known primarily from radiology, digital image processing and communication using the standard has expanded into endoscopy, microscopy, ophthalmology, and dermatology, for example. Innovative manufacturers of medical devices are now faced with the challenge of providing the device software with the DICOM interfaces required for DICOM communication. This can only be achieved with specialized knowledge.
softgate offers a comprehensive solution, DICOMconnect, to easily connect medical devices to the DICOM world. As a manufacturer, this saves you from having to learn all about this complex standard and from spending precious time on developing your own DICOM interface.
The advantages of the unique DICOM toolkit, developed to IEC 62304
Competitive edge through integration
Reach more customers – efficiently and safely integrate medical devices into clinical IT (especially HIS, PACS, EPA)
Fast availability through simple integration into your device software and then clinical IT
Minimal regulatory effort
Developed in compliance with the Medical Device Regulation (MDR) to meet regulatory requirements
Cost-effective pay-per-activation model
Only devices activated in the field require a license
DICOM library for medical systems – the universal DICOM interface
DICOMconnect is a library that extends medical system software with a DICOM interface. The focus is on user-friendliness and integration. In contrast to a conventional DICOM toolkit, the developer does not need in-depth DICOM knowledge to use DICOMconnect. As a universal DICOM interface for medical devices, DICOMconnect also operates on any platform, be it on a Windows, Linux, or Mac basis.
The advantages and DICOM features of the connection at a glance:
- Patient and planned examination querying via a worklist
- Examination information feedback via MPPS
- Creation and transmission of DICOM images, videos, and PDFs from raw data
- Archiving and transfer of responsibility to PACS via Storage Commitment
- Writing and reading DICOM data on data carriers
- TLS security
- Permanent updating and active reporting
- Modular design for scalable functionality
- Easy integration with no in-depth DICOM knowledge
- Various integration options for almost all commonly used operating systems (Windows, Linux, macOS) and device software environments
- Developed as a Safety Class B component in accordance with
ISO IEC 62304 and ISO 14971, including integrated risk control measures
- Advice and support
What we have achieved for our customers
Please feel free to reach out to my team and me if you have any questions. We would be happy to give you an initial overview of how you can achieve your individual goals with our efficient solutions.